Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why You See All the Obama Ads on My Site

Yes, they frustrate me too. Here's the deal. When you sign up for Google's Adsense, the service that delivers unto me cash money for every click you--my loyal readers--perform on any of the ads here (as of today, a whopping $19.60 has accumulated in my account after three months, payable to me only when it reaches $100), the ads are fed to you automatically based on the content of the site. Clearly, this is a political blog, so I get a lot of political ads. I have the capacity to remove ads, but it is a fairly labor intensive process that I've performed now on a bout a dozen particularly egregious examples. These then, do not ever appear again on the site.

But when you raise $750B, you have a lot of walking around money to buy ads. And the Obama Campaign has been nothing if not savvy in using the web to advertise. I don't have the energy or
inclination to keep up with killing all Obama ads--if I did, there'd be no content on the site.

1 comment:

Beyond Bibb's Store said...

Of course you could cancel your Adsense account and consider the $19.60 an in kind donation to political sensibility.....and there's always Wordpress if you begin to feel the Googlearchy is getting a tad "big brotherish".

Newer Post Older Post Home