Friday, October 10, 2008

Who's Minding the Store?

There it sits atop the mantle. The crystal egg. He’s gone, and has entrusted the keys of the Porsche to me. Just use your best judgment Joel, we trust you.

Initially, I was thrilled when CW asked me to consider contributing to the Conservative Wahoo in his absence. But the elation quickly wore off, and in its place was left a dull pit in my stomach as the gravity of the situation hit me – I would have to produce. I was given the responsibility for someone else’s baby - a blog I’ve come to enjoy over the last four months.

I don’t necessarily agree with CW on all of the issues, but I’ve come to appreciate the quality, depth and humor of his dispatches and the responses of those who view this blog. Yes, even you Festool. I can’t guarantee that I’ll have the recall of facts and figures that seem to come easily to CW, but I do hope to stimulate at least some discussion over the next few days. Think of me as Palin to CW’s Biden. Better yet, think of me as Fredo to CW’s Michael:

“I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!”

Now let’s have some fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't be calling any tranny hookers while the 'rents are away.

Anonymous said...

I always considered you more of the Tom Hagen type.

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Well, lemme tell ya something, my Kraut-Mick friend, I appreciate the feedback.

Newer Post Older Post Home