Thursday, October 30, 2008

Story of an Obama Volunteer

The Post's got a story of an Obama Volunteer from Maryland this morning, and it is a telling example of the racial nature of this election. The women in question seethes with racial pride, envy, and rancor. It is hard to imagine the weight she carries bound up in the tremendous chip on her shoulder.

It should be remembered by Donnell Stewart and all who engage in the practice of racial politics that should Barack Obama be elected, simple math would indicate that over 50% of his voters were not "people of color".

4 comments:

Mudge said...

I watched some black comedian (i believe...he was neither funny nor recognizable to me) on David Letterman last night. I never saw the intro so I have no idea who he is or if he was even a comedian but I stopped channels surfing there to listen to the vitriolic racist, yes I realize I said he was black, rantings that I ever thought I would hear on network television. Dave, who has been pretty childlike in his reaction to McCain standing him up, laughed heartily to comments like: "if you think the Rodney King aftermath was something, stand by" (grammar corrected for readers) and "after November 4th, I can't wait to get on a bus and tell all you white people to get in the back where you belong". Stand by indeed.

Anonymous said...

I can top that. I was in the parking lot of the grocery store last week putting groceries in my trunk when a young black man who worked at the store came by. He was gathering shopping carts and happened to notice my McCain-Palin bumper sticker. He pointed to it and said to me 'in a few weeks YOU are going to be doing my job and I'm going to be driving home with a car full of groceries.' I politely smiled, not having the heart to tell him not to count on his life changing that much.
That said, I can see why these people have so much hope and there's something heartwarming about it.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Wow Sally; that's some story...I'd like to see it picked up by a wire service....oops, I forgot, it would be of no intersest to them....

Anonymous said...

Are you making fun of me Bryan?

Newer Post Older Post Home