Friday, February 11, 2011

My Appearance Before Congress

I spent the early afternoon today appearing before the House Armed Services Committee Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces.  Details of the event are here

I didn't say much about this in advance for fear it might get canceled.  Even worse, I was afraid it would go on, but being Friday afternoon and all, I figured the Members might boogie back to their districts.  But there were votes scheduled, and the event was well-attended.

I told the Members that it was an honor to be there, but even more, it was a thrill to be asked to exercise the privilege of citizenship at such a high level.  And it was.

14 comments:

Sally said...

Did you wear the porkpie?

Dear ol' Dad said...

THAT'S MY BOY !!!!!!!!

"The Hammer" said...

Did my name come up? Did you mention my name as in "I know this drunken redneck who is a man for all seasons, a classical man, a man of erudition and wit, a highly educated highly experienced titan of all things political (available for consultation at below market rates) "?

Well?

"The Hammer" said...

Oh yeah, good opening remarks..eh at least the parts I understood.

SamShapiro said...

I'm so proud of you.

The Conservative Wahoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Conservative Wahoo said...

No pork pies Sally, not Spring yet.

Tom de Plume said...

This calls for a recreation by double G.

Mudge said...

Good practice for your future confirmation hearings?

At the risk of making you have to trade your new porkpie in for one with an expandable band, I too am proud of you.

BigFred said...

Remember when your SECNAV, you will need someone to sniff out the red herring, and guard the temple door.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Doc Milnamo said...

Nice CW, very very nice!

Unknown said...

To borrow commentary from my two year old "You awesome!"

Anonymous said...

I would *so* have taken off work to watch if I'd known. If you get to do something like this again, let us know!
-- Dave D from CG72

Newer Post Older Post Home