Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jim Webb Throws An Elbow

I've talked in this blog before about Jim Webb--I'm not a fan of party switchers (especially when they go that way), but I'm even more not a fan of his temperament. I think he's a loose cannon and I wish the Democrats all the luck in the world in working with him.

Shortly after last night's Scott Brown victory, Webb put out a press release urging a halt to Senate healthcare votes until after Brown is seated. Though according the the NYT story, Democratic leaders has already decided to do that, they cannot be happy with Webb's grandstanding and self-righteousness. I on the other hand, am delighted.

3 comments:

Sally said...

I suspect there are a few Dem senators out there who are not unhappy about this Brown victory. They now have a little cover to vote against healthcare and other spending monstrosities.

S. Walsh said...

I used to be an admirer of Jim Webb (particularly when he resigned as SECNAV over the 600 ship Navy being scuttled). I once told him at a book signing that I wished he had run for the Senate instead of Ollie North. However, by the time he actually ran I changed my mind. The thing that I thought really showed his lack of class was when President Bush asked him about his son and he gave his response about wanting him out of Iraq. As I understood it, his son had freely joined up after 9/11 so I viewed this as actually showing a lack of respect for his son.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Great point S. Walsh--it was indeed a classless move.

Newer Post Older Post Home