Monday, January 11, 2010

Pot Calling the Kettle Less Black

In yet another desperate plea to see himself in the news, Rod "How Much of a Public Douche Can I Be" Blagojevich issued his own version of the Reid mea culpa.

Claiming during an Esquire magazine interview (can Esquire really be hurting that badly for interviews?) that because of his experience as an adolescent, before he remained an adolescent, living in the tough environs of what is becoming the root of all evil, Chicago, he, Blacko-Blago, has better blackman cred than half-white President Obama. To wit:

"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shine shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in the black community not far from were we lived. I saw it all growing up," Blagojevich told the magazine. "It is such a cynical business. I am real. This guy, President Obama, he was catapulted in on hope and change, what we hope the guy is."


So now, seeing that so many people making media hay on similar remarks, Blago has issued a (yawn) public apology for his insensitive remarks. I don't care one whit what the guy said, really, I just wonder what it is that makes people so willing to make public spectacles of themselves just so they can see their names and face in the media--even if it is to be pilloried...especially if it is to be pilloried.

Who is your "favorite" chronic public spectacle? Octomom? Jon or Kate? Lindsay Lohan? Michael Jackson's dad? The balloon boy dad? Others?

1 comment:

"The Hammer" said...

I vote Tim Geithner.

Newer Post Older Post Home