Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"The Dog Ate My Homework" Convention Begins!

It's been going on for several months now; "We didn't realize the extent of the problem", "the hole was deeper than we thought", "we've made tremendous progress but the Republicans left us in such bad shape there's a lot more to be done",  and by the way, did we mention that Republicans are liars lying about our magnificent record of accomplishment with lies?

And now we've come to "the excuses" convention. I'm sorry, granted maybe I did spend most of  '08 drunk, but I can almost swear I heard Barack Obama say he could fix things. I still have a vague recollection of Obama saying he could get the economy going, end global warming, cut the debt in half and bring about the brotherhood of man. Yeah I'm almost positive he said that.

But now we have crazy unemployment, out of control spending, 16 trillion in debt, productivity at 1970 levels, and everything is trending towards "we're in deep dodo" territory. If you were trying to destroy a modern economy you couldn't have done a better job. And what does the Prez say about all this? When asked by some lick reporter to grade himself he gives himself an "incomplete". Just forget about the past three and a half years, I got it going on now, I know exactly what to do. It's not my fault.

Sorry sport, you don't get a mulligan on this course. Bellyaching and bitchin' about how tough it is don't feed the bulldog. Reagan had it a helluva lot tougher than you and he got the job done. The fact is, you don't have a friggin' clue what you're doing. I don't doubt you honestly believed that leftist Keynesian claptrap of a stimulus would work, but that's on you pal. And don't give me that "every economist agrees" bull-jive. The only economists you consulted either writes for the NY Times or previously occupied the Karl Marx Chair at Haaaarvard University. This is on you, this one is yours, and the American people are in no mood for bullshit or lame-ass excuses!




2 comments:

Sally said...

Alternate title: 'The Abortion Convention.'

Anonymous said...

This week's Economist has a great article on what Obama nees to prove to get another 4 years:
http://www.economist.com/node/21561890

Newer Post Older Post Home