Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow

It appears much of the East Coast of the US is finding itself under a blanket of snow this morning, one that will only get deeper through the day. We here in Maryland's Eastern Shore are getting our share. The Kitten's Farm is a wonderful place, and a snowstorm brings out hidden beauty. I'm sorta hoping the swirling winds and cold keep the Kitten's kittens from raising a ruckus about playing in the snow (so I can work...lots to do), but I am prepared to do my duty and frolic and gambol. Maybe I'll take a few photos of day. If you know me and my email address, send photos along of snow hijinks in your hood and I'll post them.

5 comments:

Tom de Plume said...

I'll have someone take a shot of me shoveling 10" of global warming.

Mudge said...

I, too, enjoy the snow. In fact, I absolutely love a good snowstorm. Unfortunately, after 10 or so inches of rain in the last 3 weeks, and a flooded garage to go along with it, this record-setting "couverture blanche" is bypassing the lower Eastern Shore. Unfortunately, you ask? Yes, instead we are getting prechrystalized snow and lots of it. Along with that, some pretty hefty on-setting winds; the kind that lets me see the Chesapeake Bay in all directions. Oh, and apparently because I complained aloud about getting sick of all this water, my 12 year old water pump took it personally and decided to give up the ghost. And weekend emergency calls are always such a great bargain. And it isn't yet high tide. Dammit. Is it really too much to ask for a little bit of that snow?

The Conservative Wahoo said...

I'm not sure how one "officially" measures snow--but I just knocked ten inches off two vehicles. Kitten's got a 4WD Land Cruiser so I ripped around in the snow for a bit. Exhilarating.

"The Hammer" said...

Kitten has a farm? Damn she must be rich. Way to go CW!

Smoothfur said...

I cannot understand the great consternation about a snow strorm in Washington DC. President Obama has been snowing everybody for a year now without many concerns.

Newer Post Older Post Home