Sunday, December 20, 2009

The View From The Farm


We got at least a foot; really beautiful, but in an area like this, I can only imagine it will bring an already leisurely pace to a crawl. I've got things to do in DC this week, and while the Kitten and the kittens can snugly hunker down (no school), I've got to find a way to get mobile. Perhaps I'll avail myself of the Land Cruiser.....here's the view from my garage mancave--you're looking at a soybean field with the farm lane in the distance.

4 comments:

Goldwater's Ghost said...

Nice job, Ansel. Evocative of an Andrew Wyeth painting.

"The Hammer" said...

Yeah but to truly Andrew Wyethian you would need a slightly plump, red-headed, Pennsylvania Dutch hausfrau standing naked in front of the window.
Hey what do they grow on Maryland farms, crabs?

Anonymous said...

How much shoveling was necessary in MD? Crazy here in DC. Yesterday was spent shoveling for quite a bit and watching DC try and dig itself out. It reminded me on the '82 storm when I was 9 though that still seems like it was larger, but then memory does that to us. Do the kittens shovel yet?

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Plenty required out here---and no, the kittens do not shovel. Perish the thought...

Newer Post Older Post Home