Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Friend Has A New Blog


Retired Vice Admiral John "Boomer" Stufflebeem's got a new blog, on Crisis Management, Messaging and Life.

Boomer is a great guy and a superb reader of people.

On my way to command as I left the Pentagon, I went to spend some time with him and seek his advice on success in command. "Learn how to under-react" was his advice. He said that those who are purposely trying to get you spun up will be disappointed, and those who are wary of your actions will be be fortified. Best advice anyone gave me, bar none. Didn't always implement it, but when I did, I thought of Boomer.

Welcome to the Blogosphere, my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive.

"The Hammer" said...

I wish the gentleman luck. With the Massa thing, ex Navy types need a win about now.
Should I go over and harass him?

Your 9th grade English teacher said...

No, CW, a friend HAS a new blog. The apostrophe-s is a contraction for "has." The "got" is therefore unnecessary and, in fact, incorrect. I think you have been AOL-ified. (What's wrong with "You have mail!"?)

Please know that I mean no disrespect, and I have tremendous respect for the content here on TCW and for your ability to think and write. This one little grammatical habit of yours just happens to bug the heck out of me. (What can I say? I'm an editor at heart. You know this.)

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Correction made--and thank you.

Newer Post Older Post Home