Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reason TV--Why Public Sector Employees Are Killing The Economy

A fantastic three minute video here from Reason TV (via Instapundit) laying out the reasons public sector (a.k.a "gubment") workers--especially unionized--are a growing threat to economic stability.

I'm a little conflicted on this one. First of all, I don't like giant, undifferentiated statistics (like a woman makes 76 cents on the dollar compared to a man). Generally, there are important facts in the differences that have to be explored. So when I hear that federal employees make $8K a year more than their private sector counterparts--well, I start thinking about the time I was the CEO of a $1B company with 300 employees (--Captain of a US Navy Ship)--and I was paid about $108,000 a year. I sorta thought the taxpayers got me at a bargain there. That said, there are lots and lots of "non-executive" government workers who do seem to make a pretty good living doing things that folks on the outside would receive less for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Public Sector Employees are Killing the Economy

So what's the answer? Can we start killing public sector employees?
COOOOOL!!

Newer Post Older Post Home