Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fear And Self-Loathing In Haiti

Activist Amanda Kijera, in Haiti to "empower Haitians to self-sufficiency" and "remind them of the many great contributions Afro-descendants have made to this world", found ultimately that some people don't care that she is a Malcolm X scholar, and just want to watch the world burn:

"Two weeks ago, on a Monday morning, I started to write what I thought was a clever editorial about violence against women in Haiti. The case, I believed, was being overstated by women's organizations in need of additional resources. Ever committed to preserving the dignity of Black men in a world which constantly stereotypes them as violent savages, I viewed this writing as yet one more opportunity to fight "the man" on behalf of my brothers. That night, before I could finish the piece, I was held on a rooftop in Haiti and raped repeatedly by one of the very men who I had spent the bulk of my life advocating for."

It's OK though; she's "grateful" for the experience, and doesn't seem to harbor any ill-will toward her attacker - choosing instead to blame his indiscretion on "rage at the white world."

2 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

"...Black men in a world which constantly stereotypes them as violent savages...".
Let's see? Blacks are responsible for forty percent of the crime committed in the US. Black are 13% of the population. Now most criminals are between the ages of 15 and 35. So a good guess would be Blacks most likely to commit crimes would be maybe five or six percent. So if you adjust for the non-criminals, a bigoted and prejudiced judicial system again a good guess would be maybe 4% of the population is responsible for 40% of the crime.
Sharpton and Jesse will lay this at the door of Whitey...and I agree. When Jim Crow laws were in full vigor the American Black economy was standing alone one of the largest in the world. Black illegitimacy was on par with the national average. Literacy rates, poverty rates, by just about any measure Blacks were better off. It is not a stretch to blame the Great Society and LBJ, and liberals for destroying the Black family and plunging many Blacks into the abyss. I'd rather be a slave on Angola Plantation in 1850 than have to live my life in a South Chicago project.
So, it's my contention that Jesse and Al are fully aware of this and are in fact the liberal's "overseer" of the Black population in America. They're well paid for their efforts. MLK died penniless. Jesse Jackson is worth 75 million dollars.

BigFred said...

How is it that I have contributed to Black male plight in a country that is not my own? How have I disenfranchised a group of people in a county not my own? This woman obviously has PTSD.

Hammer interesting take on Jesse Jackson. As a man who made a career of shaking down the "man" for oppressing the Black man, now that there is a Black man in the White House, Jesse needs a new business model.

Newer Post Older Post Home