Thursday, May 20, 2010

What's Going On In Thailand?

From Foreign Policy's website, here's one writer's opinion of what is going on in Thailand. I'd be interested to read another view--there's some stock uses of "anti-globalization" and "inequality of income" as the reason for what's going on--but all in all, this seems to be a pretty good overview of why Thailand is in a bit of a pickle right now.

Brother Tom and I have a Facebook Friend who is a doctor living in Bangkok--I've offered him space in the blog should he wish to keep us better informed. At this point, he's a little too busy.

HT: The Browser

12 comments:

"The Hammer" said...

"What's Going On In Thailand?"
You mean besides sex with 12 year olds?

dendica said...

I can now start my day. It took awhile but Hammer finally commented on all 4 posts today.

"The Hammer" said...

Luv you too sweetie!

dendica said...

Even though I'm not a 12 year old boy from Thailand?

"The Hammer" said...

That's obvious. A twelve year old has a keener wit than you.

Yammer said...

Well they can't do it in North Carolina, because the 12-yr olds are all pregnant.

"The Hammer" said...

My God, you are a tedious bastard aren't you?
Look, you are not a worthy opponent. You don't know shit, your retorts invariable turn into playground taunts. In short, you're and idiot. So just F-OFF and leave this kind of stuff to the grownups.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Hammer--I don't disagree with your line of argument with your detractors here--but c'mon, my friend, cannot those same charges be leveled at you with great accuracy?

"The Hammer" said...

CW I'm shocked. I thought we were tight? I've tried my level best to teach you things only a few Yankees could understand and even fewer make use of if they did understand. And this is the thanks I get?

"The Yammer" said...

Nothing steams my bean more than when an imposter steals an online identity. Yes, this means you Yammer!

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Hammer, let's be honest with each other, and ourselves. First of all, we are tight.

Second of all, you give "playground" as well as you get.

"The Hammer" said...

Can't argue with that.

Newer Post Older Post Home