Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In the Big City

Writing this morning from the 28th floor of a great looking building in Manhattan, where I've come to sit down with a group of investors and analysts who work with one of our frequent contributors, Gigs. Gigs asked me to come up and talk about defense related issues that might impact the financial industry, and a bit on my thoughts with respect to defense and the Obama Administration.

This is a wonderful opportunity, combining a couple of my favorite things. I definitely enjoy talking about politics and geo-strategy, I thoroughly enjoy New York, and I definitely have an interest in the financial world.

I stayed the night at Gigs' house in Connecticut, and when I met him this morning in his home office, he informed me that two of his friends in London had been sacked. More and more folks who do what he does are finding themselves on the short end of the stick.

This will pass, but the system is likely to have changed. Hopefully for the better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are the first white man to be asked by Gigs "to come up and talk about defense related issues that might impact the financial industry, and a bit on my thoughts with respect to defense and the Obama Administration", I offer you my hearty congratulations!

Smoothfur said...

With the financial markets in turmoil and the U. S. budget in the red, it is most likely that DOD will be told to forego new weapons systems in favor of upgrading and overhauling existing systems.

That I suspect is where there will be money to be made if at all.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Smoothfur--sounds like you read my notes...

Newer Post Older Post Home