Friday, November 21, 2008

Remembering a Really Cool Day

One of my crewmembers in USS BULKELEY (DDG 84) posted this photo on his Facebook page, and it brought back great memories of an awesome day. I was CO of #84, and we raced the destroyer next to us (USS COLE) and the Cruiser from whom this picture was taken (USS PHILIPPINE SEA--who nipped us by a nose). The CO of the Cruiser was a guy named Gene Moran, who is an amazing guy and a great friend. He retired from the Navy shortly after I did, and we run across each other quite a bit in DC these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like seeing a couple sleek grey merchants of death to make a Friday even better. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I don't miss going to sea too much. Except at moments like this.

Dan said...

Too bad the three of you weren't chasing Somali pirates at the time so you could turn them into road pizza (surface chum?).

Anonymous said...

Great, now I've got wood.

Newer Post Older Post Home