Sunday, November 30, 2008

Portrait of a Rising Republican Star

The Washington Post has a nice story about Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana today. I've heard about Jindal for over ten years, first when he cleaned up the State Health system in Louisiana. He's a natural politician, and I mean that in a very positive way. I love the line in the story about siding with "the people" during an emergency. "You can always apologize to the bureaucrats". Great line.

As excited as I was about the possibilities associated with a rising Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal doesn't appear to have a down-side. He's a man of the people without being a populist, and he's a plain spoken good old boy who can talk your pants off on policy. Definitely more my kind of candidate than Sarah Palin--but maybe a good team in 2012!

5 comments:

wahooligan said...

I think Bobby Jindal reminds me a lot of the proprietor of this blog... and I mean that in the highest of regards.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

Very nice thing to say, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I dig the guy too, but check Tim Pawlenty out sometime-he's pretty impressive too (though not as accomplished as Jindal). And he's a Golden Gopher!

Ace said...

As much as I respect CW's view, I must disagree and endorse the Palin/Plumber ticket for 2012. :)

Anonymous said...

Give Palin a rest....she is dumb as a box of rocks. Why do you think McCain chose her? No other woman would be stupid enough to jump on that ticket to nowhere.

Newer Post Older Post Home