Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Plans of One Small Business Owner

Had this forwarded to me this morning. While I don't agree with the methodology chosen, I do understand the sentiment.

"Dear Fellow Business Owner:


As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama's presidency will cause my taxes and fees to increase a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that our customers will have to see an increase in my fees of about 8%. I will also have to lay off six of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper stickers on my employees' cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of more fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.

Sincerely"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as this apocryphal business owner's methodology; if all his employees had more or less equal skills, wouldn't this be a pretty good way to cull the herd?
Especially since with new union rules on the horizon, it gives him a way to get rid of troublemakers now.

Newer Post Older Post Home