Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reading the President's Daily Briefing

What it must have been like today in Chicago.....President-elect Obama receives his very first PDB from the Director of National Intelligence. Reportedly the exact brief the President got this morning, I wonder what went through Senator Obama's mind as he laid his eyes on the document? Did he think it would have been worse? Was it sobering? Back in the day when I got to look at really classified stuff---but still way down the pecking order from the PDB--I would shake my head and pray that we continued to have enough smart men and women out there making sure these threats didn't come to pass. I hope our new President wasn't too surprised by the things he saw. It's a dangerous world out there, and the goodwill that he seems to enjoy won't extend to everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there are many out there waiting for reality to set in inside Obama's head. I did not support him across the campaign but that does not mean I want him to fail. The quiet licking of chops waiting for the "I told you so" moment is neither helpful to America or the conservative cause IMHO.

The Conservative Wahoo said...

I don't doubt that such people exist, but for the record, do you have any evidence of them?

Anonymous said...

If reality does not "set in inside Obama's head" we are really in trouble.

Newer Post Older Post Home